Wednesday, September 19, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PROFESSOR MOHAWK

My facebook status a year ago goes this way: 

"When I was younger, I wanted to become a teacher. I used to have a record book for my imaginary class, keeping grades in make-believe quizzes. Now, one of my childhood dreams is coming true - I shall have my first class as a part-time professor come Tuesday next week. To God be the glory."

Today, September 19, is my first birthday as a professor. In that, I have many things to be thankful for.

First off, to Ma'am Dang de Mesa, my Statistics professor in my masters program, for reading that life-changing article I wrote for The LaSallian. Without her, I would not have this opportunity to become a professor and would still be part of the statistics of the unemployed.

Next stop, to the Accountancy Department for allowing me to teach with my mohawk in tact, for allowing me to apply the theory of "[teaching] substance over [teacher's] form." Thank you for understanding that my mohawk is the extension of my personality or my pagkatao which I highly value.

And of course, to all my students for letting me present to them the fun and exciting part of accounting - be it managerial accounting or accounting for partnership and corporation. Cheers!

Allow me to share one of my favorite local commercials. It was aired back during my high school days and had a major contribution why I am passionate about advertising. It's a feel good advertisement with a stickiness factor, the kind you can repeat continuously and be mesmerized with the beauty of its melody and message. 

And yes, kasama ka sa mga taong pinasasalamatan ko. Salamat sa pagbasa!


Ad Title: KASAMA KA
Ad Agency: McCann Erickson
Client: Coca-Cola

No comments:

Post a Comment