Saturday, September 08, 2012

30secondTHOUGHTS: BABALIK KA RIN

Kay tagal ko ding nawala, bumalik din ako, bumalik, din ako.

The personalized version might sound off key, devoid of rhythm and rhyme. But the important part is that, as I write this blogpost, I am finally in Dipolog - I am finally home.

Earlier, the warm smiles of my doting mother and brother greeted me at the airport - my father, as usual, had to attend to business matters. I purposely did not eat breakfast back in Manila; I wanted that my first meal of the day will be my mother's ever-famous adobo and some slice of roasted chicken from a local stall. And the meal did not only fill my empty stomach but likewise my longing and homesick hear (cheesy, I know).

I am writing this blogpost inside my favorite hometown restaurant, Big Joe's Cafe. I ordered my usual  - a quarter pounder burger meal and choco javanilla. I will meet my high school friends after this - a mini-reunion, I know, will turn into laughter, social drinking (except for me), and endless conversations.

Back here, things are familiar, familial, and unconditional. I will have to savor this. After all, I am only giving myself a one-week break. I will have to make the most of the period.

Cheers.

Ad Title: BABALIK KA RIN
Ad Agency: Basic Advertising
Client: Duty Free Philippines


No comments:

Post a Comment