Friday, October 05, 2012

30secondTHOUGHTS: Kon Punn Din

To all our teachers who made our lives both a miserable and exciting world to live in,
To all our professors who engaged us in lessons both theoretical and practical,
To all our maestros, our Sir and Ma'am, who have dedicated their lives to a noble profession,

HAPPY WORLD TEACHERS' DAY!

And I mean it with all sincerity knowing that your former student is now your colleague.

As a way of paying gratitude, I dedicate my 30secondTHOUGHTS for today to all my teachers, both past and present, who have contributed in molding the Professor Mohawk that I am now. Here is a touching commercial by 7-Eleven Thailand entitled "Kon Punn Din (Teacher)."


Ad Title: KON PUNN DIN
Client: 7-Eleven


While viewing the ad, one doesn't need any English translation to understand the impact a teacher can make in a student's life. But for the curious few, the translation is transcribed below:

"Today is the last day that our teacher will teach us.
  I once jokingly asked if she remembered what each of her students looked like.
 She said that she could.
 But I didn't believe her then, it was forty years! How could she remember that all.
 I don't have an answer if she could remember all of her students. 
 But from what I saw today, every single one of her students remembers her.
Students, bow."

Once again, Happy World Teachers' Day!

#SalamatMa'am #SalamatSir

No comments:

Post a Comment