Wednesday, June 27, 2012

THE MORNING AFTER




THE MORNING AFTER

SLEEP
You are there asleep.
Tucked in sheets,
Waves of endless
Pursuit made last night.


SHOWER
You bathe and
Water flows, washing away
Scents of your
Midnight blossom.


SUNNY-SIDE UP
You eat and
Caress the cup’s edge,
Delighting thoughts
Of the dark’s buffet.


SHIRT
You stand still
And I clothe you,
Hiding remnants of
Ways I traveled with.


SHUTTLE
You bid a kiss,
A long travel still.
“At set,” you said,
“We’ll meet again”.


SCRUB
You have left me
To clean these stains,
Some marks of sin
Breathed over lunch.


SECRET
You work and
Your love waits.
Not me; but the other –
I am, thus, a sin.


SIGH
You are then
Remembered,
The skin lingering
With the afternoon rain.


SOUP
You will share with me
Broth for dinner,
Its simmer
Waiting for reply.


SUBWAY
You meet the train
At half past ten,
Two roads still –
Of one to hear you knock.


SHIVER
You are the
Question of this lie,
The ambiguity of
Your return.


SWEAT
You have arrived,
Drizzled in midnight
Shadows, secrets
Not known in light.


SUPPER
You mingle the soup,
Words become your fondle.
“The best”, you said.
“I know.”


SHHH
You flush our sins
With just one kiss,
Promises to drown
By this goodbye.


SHEETS
You drape the path
As we unzip,
Of nights of pleasure,
Of days to guilt.


SKIN
You travel north,
The south I traverse.
In deep, my love,
Shall be the end.


SLEEP
You are there asleep.
Tucked in sheets,
Waves of last pursuit…


… We made tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment