Tuesday, December 18, 2012

CHALKBOARD: THE ACTPACO CHRISTMAS SPIEL

Another term has ended. As I write this post, my next task will involve uploading my students' final grades in ACTPACO - the activity will be the exclamation point for the term that has been. 

But before the term officially draws to a close, I want to personally thank you, my dear student, for bearing with me for the entire term. Thank you for listening or pretending to be listening (you may plead guilty now) to my fast-paced lessons. Either way, the amount of auditory input you accumulated - together with your midnight oil and determination - for the past fourteen weeks is directly proportional to your final grade.

And I know, you'll miss the lectures' hashtags and the 30secondTHOUGHTS - marketing-related commercials, played after the first half of our 90-minute lectures, which provided the needed breather just right before your mind explodes over those computations. Hearing your literal sighs when I announce that it's time for the break is priceless. 

Aha, we shall not forget the quotable quotes - "Don't pack-up yet", "Is that a question or a statement" - and inserts of pop culture, the bonus quiz ala "The Adjustment Bureau" and the now infamous "Christmas Bonus" by my favorite band, The Aegis (Their "Basang basa sa ulan" is immortal). These have made your stay in ACTPACO bearable and fun. I hope I showed you that, yes, their is a lighter side to accounting.

So, here's a simple souvenir for the months that has been - snapshots taken during our last formal meeting. Enjoy your 30secondTHOUGHTS Christmas, guys. And always remember, defeat begins in doubt.

Umayos ka ha! 

#ACTPACOUTE 





No comments:

Post a Comment