Wednesday, January 23, 2013

30secondTHOUGHTS: Jogger

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Yesterday was a resurrection of sorts. After months in hiatus, I once again welcomed the self into regular cardiovascular exercise. Save for the weight lifting exercises I routinely did about eight months ago (back when I was trying to gain some weight and muscles - only to find out the metabolism was hyper enough to easily cut down any food intake without need of further exercise), this regular physical sessions will get back me into much-needed shape. 

The decision to get back into regular exercise was both planned (it was part of my new year's resolution) and an unexpected validation. A certain opportunity (which for now I cannot disclose) related to physical activity came my way - no folks, I'm not joining any weightlifting competition soon (not even remotely close). It is, in fact, a blessing. I want to get back to that point where getting to the third floor of the University was a breeze. Exhales heavily.

Yesterday's session was bordering brutal. For someone who used to exercise regularly, the minutes of jogging were like day one of gym sessions again. The three rounds of ten laps - each divided into slow, moderate, and fast paces,  felt like a physical and mental torture. 

Five more rounds. Three rounds less. Wait, guys. I can't cope up. Sayang, dalawang laps na lang. Sige, kaya yan. 

The words were an amateur's way of whining the torment. I wanted to give up at that. But then again, I just had to remind myself that if I survived six months of gym sessions, I can surpass this regular jogging sessions. I won't let myself, and these kids down. Defeat, after all, begins in doubt.

So, yeah. Cheers to the regular jogging sessions. From the skinny kid who used to go to the gym.  

Ad Title:             FIND YOUR GREATNESS (JOGGER)
Ad Agency:            Wieden + Kennedy Portland
Client:               Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment